Please join us for a networking lunch and program (also available as a webinar) on April 29, 2014, at 12:00pm EDT in our Washington, D.C. office, which will provide a timely roadmap for nonprofit organizations that engage or are thinking about engaging in the political process. We will cover topics that you should be thinking about for the mid-term elections and beyond:
- The rules that apply to 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(6) organizations and how those rules are changing
- How to operate a political action committee (PAC), including guidelines for fundraising and advocacy communications
- Specific activities that 501(c)(3) organizations can and cannot engage in, and how the proposed IRS rules for 501(c)(4)’s may impact 501(c)(3)’s
- Rules on coordinating activities with campaigns and political parties
- How successful enterprises can combine a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4) and/or 501(c)(6) organization, a PAC, and even a Super PAC
We will also discuss McCutcheon v. FEC, the Supreme Court’s recent decision striking down aggregate contribution limits, and how it could influence your electoral strategy in 2014.