Thursday, March 26, 2015
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET – Webinar
The Justice Department recently announced its first criminal prosecution for coordination. States like Virginia are revamping their ethics laws and California recently imposed new restrictions on lobbyists. Although the IRS has yet to issue regulations for 501(c)(4)s, many states have created new disclosure requirements for politically active nonprofit groups. Maryland has imposed tough new disclosure requirements on state contractors that make campaign contributions.
Are you ready for these changes? Join us for a one-hour complimentary webinar that will help you to be ready for your campaign and lobbying activities this cycle. We’ll cover:
- Maximizing your PAC’s effectiveness without violating FEC rules.
- How to host candidate events without making an impermissible corporate contribution.
- Interacting with Super PACs and other independent groups and making independent expenditures.
- What to know about changes to state and federal lobbying disclosure.
- How to comply with state pay-to-play laws.
- Making corporate contributions in the states.
To RSVP for the webinar, please click here.
Lawrence H. Norton, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP
Ronald M. Jacobs, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP
Click here to view the event summary and speaker biographies.